Friday 20 March 2015

Dance For Camera UPDATE

I recorded my first 30 seconds of my dance for camera. However when I went to edit it, the clips had been deleted by my younger brother! So I need to rearrange a time with my dancers to film it again. 

I have also had a change of ideas. I want to keep the same song and style but I have changed the narrative. I am now going to use the song with lyrics. The lyrics are about feeling trapped and wanting to break free. So instead I am only going to use one 10 year old dancer in the park and another older dancer in a dance studio. The younger dancer represents the older one as a child. The older dancer feels like dance has just become work for her, she wants to go back to her childhood when it was for fun and she could dance freely. As she dances in the studio, she imagines her younger self dancing in the park. There is a big moment towards the end of the song where I envisioned the older dancer doing a huge leap and effectively jumping into the park with her younger self. They then complete the end of the dance together.

Here is the song with lyrics:

No comments:

Post a Comment