Friday 15 May 2015

Dance for Camera First Draft & Review

Here is the first minute of my dance for camera film:





Notes From Peers:

- In time to the music

- All of the shots fit nicely together and are in time 

- Good use of repetition makes the dance look effective and shows that she is two different verisons of the same person

- Contrasting locations really showed the difference between the two girls 

- Nice combination of ballet, lyrical and contemporary

- Hair could have been tied back in the colourful world to show off her make up better

- Could use a wider range of camera angles 

Personal Evaluation:

Overall I am pleased with how the first minute of my film has turned out. I think I have used a good range of camera angles, for example I start out with an establishing shot, wich pans into a close up. there are also a range of mid and long shots. I think I could develop this more and use more complex camera angles such as low and high angle as this would make my film look a lot more interesting. 

I think I have included some good choreographic devices, such as levels, starting on the floor at the beginning then getting up and reaching high. I also used repetition, for example there is a leap that is repeated. I am also going to include more repetition throughout my choreography to show that she is the same girl in different worlds. 

I found it quite difficult to edit because the verison when she was dancing in the bright/colourful world was faster than the dull world for some reason so I found it hard to get it to fit with the music. However after getting notes back from peers I think I have managed to achieve it. I am particularly happy with a few certain moments when the cut between the dull and the bright world, for example when she kicks on the ground and when she extends her arm out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment