Thursday 27 November 2014

Electra Rehearsal 1

Today we started blocking Electra. We are going to have three stage blocks at the back of the stage and the three Electras are going to be standing on the middle block, with the family on the right and the men on the left. As all three Electras represent the same person, we will be standing in a triangle linking arms and as one person goes on stage there will be a struggle between us to break free and a struggle again to rejoin the triangle. Whilst one Electra is on stage, the other two will make sharp and distorted movements to represent her mental state. 

We didn't spend a lot of time on Act 2 today and focused mostly on my entrance. When I escape from the other Electras I walk around the stage staring at the audience. We are setting our performance in the round like a real Greek play would have been, so by walking around the stage I can connect with the whole audience, rather than just those in the rig. I then hide behind the chorus who in our performance are going to represent my imaginary friends. I stand behind them for protection. This is all we did in today's lesson. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment