Monday 2 February 2015

Jennyanydots Character Analysis



Jennyanydots is described as the mother figure of the group. She is very protective of the kittens. She is caring and kind and her mothering nature stretches to more than just the kittens. She also looks after the mice and cockroaches. Her family thinks she is lazy but actually she is very productive and makes the mice do crocheting and tatting and teaches the cockroaches to tap dance.

I have decided that my character could be an older model or designer who is very respected in the fashion world but who looks after the younger up and coming models and helps them to improve and find work. This is similar to model Tyra Banks who presents America's Next Top Model.

Jennyanydots is an older cat. I have decided to base her costume on Zandra Rhodes who is an older designer. She has a flamboyant and outrageous fashion sense and I think this fits in with my character as she doesn't act like an old cat.






Screenshot 2015-01-23 at 3.08.00 PM.png


The original Jennyanydots costume is mainly yellow and orange so I want to keep this colour scheme in my costume.


Here are some London Fashion Week designs that have these colours
Roksanda




Burberry 


Obscure Corture

At the start of the song "Gumbie Cat" she wears a fat suit. I thought I could re create this but by wearing a fur coat as this fits in with the fashion context. Obviously it will be orange to fit in with my colour scheme 


No comments:

Post a Comment