Tuesday 6 January 2015

Electra Rehearsal 2

Today we blocked more of Act 2. We have changed some of the arrangements so that now the family are on the middle stage block and the Electras are on the stage block to the right. We made this change because the middle blocks are going to lead into the house so it makes more sense for the family to be there.

After I enter by walking around and looking at all the audience, instead of hiding behind my friends  I am going to go the corner to scribble dark thoughts into my diary. Then when Magic says "I have been sent with a charge of weight" I go up to my more caring friends, Lauren and Ellie, and hold onto them, obviously concerned by what the old man has to say. The rest of my friends then gather round me as I am told that my brother is dead. I fall to the floor and say "this day hath ruined me". At first I said this quite fast but I was later directed to say it slower to convey the pain Electra is feeling. I found it quite hard to imagine how much pain she would be in as I have never been through something so traumatic. The closest person I have lost is my Nan and this was very hard for me to deal with so I am going to try and bring some of that sadness to the role. I think this is something that will come to me more as we go along and I become more confident with the lines and with the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment